Friday, October 08, 2004

Election Day is looming large

With Election Day seemingly just around the corner, I've come to be more certain of a little idiosynchracy of mine. I want desperately to vote for something, not against something.

What do I mean by this? When Dave was in the running for Congress, I was all about Dave. Today, weeks after the primary, I'm not sure I can tell you who his opponent was, and I'd be hardprest to remember the incumbent's name. None of that really mattered: I was for Dave. I wasn't against anyone. I was for someone.

Now, we're thick in the heat of the battle for the Presidency, and I desperately want to be for someone, not against someone. It's too easy to be against Mr. Bush. I want to be for Mr. Kerry. And, as the days go on, I see more and more to be for: I'm enthused. He's more and more on message; more and more is he providing answers, answers America needs.

Be for something: be for an America we can all be proud of. Vote Kerry/Edwards in November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home