Thursday, September 02, 2004

Social Justice, Tolerance, and Diversity

Well, here we are some 2 days after the primary. I am still reeling; I can only imagine how Dave and those who worked so diligently on his campaign feel.

I am firm in this belief, however: the issues which were important to Dave remain important to me and those of us who supported Dave. Perhaps they are important to Sam and his supporters, too; I don't know; I certainly hope so.

Three linked issues which remain in the forefront of my mind are social justice, tolerance, and diversity. I have written often here, and sometimes frequently on my musings blog, about calls to action. The other day, my brother told me that the neo-Nazis and the Klan were gathering in Valley Forge later this month. I'm all in favor of free speech, but I don't need to agree to what other people say, nor do I need to stand idly by. Sometimes action is strongly called for.

Now, you might be suggesting that Valley Forge, all the way up in southeastern Pennsylvania, is so far from southern Florida, and, sure, it is geographically far. But I have news for you: just like what happens in Miami Beach and Key West impacts the rest of the country, what happens in Valley Forge is going to impact Miami and points south.

I've started a new blog where I'll be posting about social justice, tolerance, diversity, and the need for action. Please mark Rally for Social Justice in your favorites and join us often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home