Wednesday, June 30, 2004

The movie that might just change your mind

And then, again, perhaps you're already there.

Of course, I'm talking about Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11. I saw the movie last night, and while I consider myself to be a progressive, and perhaps even liberal, I'm probably not as liberal as Michael Moore. So, maybe I think he's a bit heavy handed, but so what? He's got a point, and he's out to convince us all. And, you know what, he's right.

If nothing else, the movie certainly provides food for thought and conversation. If you haven't seen the movie yet, I suggest -- hell, I implore you -- go see it.

Some random thoughts stemming from the movie.
  • I always figured the George W. Bush, being an old oil man, was interested in oil and wealth. I just didn't know how much. Moore does a great job showing the link between the Bush family and Saudi Arabi and, yes, even Osama Bin Laden's family.


  • I was struck that Moore understands the need for a military and, actually, supports our troops. What he doesn't support is using troops to support policies which are inapppropriate.


  • Do I really want our elected leaders to be in bed with foreign countries? Do I really want our elected leaders to put their own wealth above the wealth and and importance of all of us?


I know Dave Patlak isn't in bed with Saudi Arabia, or the oil industry, or big business, or Osama bin Laden. No, David is a retired military officer who has dedicated his life in service to America and individual Americans. And, I know that David will do the same when he's on the Hill.

So, get out and see the movie. Start volunteering for Dave. Donate a couple of bucks to Dave's campaign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home